Keep Dentistry Alive was founded to provide routine dental care and oral hygiene education to poverty-stricken children in Granada, Nicaragua.
Our Current Goal
The San Ignacia Dental Fund Recycling Program: San Ignacia is a local school that educates children in Kindergarten and First Grade.
Keep Dentistry Alive has partnered with San Ignacia so that all children that attend this school can receive regular dental care at one of the Nicaraguan-based dental clinics.
How does it work?
- Money is raised by volunteers and donors
- The average cost for one child to be seen at a clinic is $10
- The funds are sent to San Ignacia school in Granada, Nicaragua
- The children are brought from San Ignacia to one of the Nicaraguan-based dental clinics
- The funds are then used to pay the Nicaraguan dentists to see the children, where they will receive routine dental cleanings, fillings, new toothbrushes, toothpaste, and dental floss. The children are also educated on the importance of oral hygiene
- The funds collected at the dental clinics are then “recycled” and used to pay for the staffing and upkeep of the clinics themselves, essentially allows us to use the money twice!